The International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC) offers its members a number of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to network with people around the world who share an interest in studying commons and related topics
- Discount on publication fees for accepted papers in the International Journal of the Commons
- Free access to IASC’s knowledge hub CommonsNet
- Biennial international and in-between regional and thematic conferences open to all members at discounted rates.
- Websites that offer information of value to the membership as a network of researchers and practitioners in the field.
- Up-to-date compilations of commons-related publications through the Commons Digest
- Regular newsletter with announcements, such as job-openings, research funding opportunities, fellowships, information about future conferences and upcoming events.
- The right to nominate and vote for new members of the Council of the IASC.
Individual membership dues are based on income. If you order the membership with this order, you will be able to pay the annual membership fee in EUR this time:
* US incomes $19,999 and below dues are EUR 27
* US incomes $20,000-49,999 dues are EUR 68
* US incomes $50,000-79,999 dues are EUR 108
* US incomes $80,000 and above dues are EUR 158
Multiple-year memberships offer you an additional 10% discount on the annual membership.
Please note that, due to the US fiscal year, memberships run from July 1 until June 30 of the following year. If you register for a 1-year membership, your membership therefore will run until June 30, 2017, but will still allow you to register at a reduced rate for the conference.